Wednesday, April 01, 2009

John Michael Talbot Plays St.Pat's...


John Michael Talbot, a leading Catholic composer (50 releases in 30 years) played at St. Patrick's Monday night. Here is a picture Deacon Ray took.
JMT first came to my attention in the early 70's as a member of the band Mason Proffit. I have one of their records from 1969 that I got him to autograph. At least I think it's his name he wrote, something anyway. Not a bad album, topical words and lyrics, war, bad government, environmental concerns, kind of the same message he delivered on this night.
Here is a picture I took in the foyer afterwards. He has a monastery in Arkansas. I think a lot of guys in Arkansas may look like this. Proceeds from the concert went to a rebuilt for the monks after a fire.
Posted by Picasa

, 50

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Thereasa said...

It would have been neat to have been there to listen to him!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger