Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shameful Self Promotion...

See me play harp with the Stone Wall Rockers (I work Saturday, gig is at 5:30 in Polk County, they will live if I don't make it) for the 2009 Pineywoodstock. It's a benefit, a worthy cause, follow the link for directions, event schedule and so on:

http://pmccf.homestead.com/

See the link on the side bar for more Stone Wall info. Picture from the First Street Arts Anniversary gig.

Anyway I got this email, forwarded by the Rockers musical misdirector from the concert promoter, it's the rules. What? Rules, I thought this was rock and roll? Here's the text:

Stage rules:

1.Be prepared
2. Tune with your MUTE ON no one like to here you tune.
3. Know what you are playing next. Have a set list.
4. 3 seconds of dead time on the stage sounds like 3 minutes so,
keep it moving.
5. No profanity on stage. There will be kids there please respect that
6. When you get done playing DO NOT leave the stage without your
gear. Remember the next band is waiting on you so, get out
of the way.
7. Make sure you are aware of the time so you DO NOT RUN LATE
8. Keep it professional. This is becoming a large event and we need
you to keep it looking and sounding great.
9. If you run over time the sound guy is going to "pull the plug " on
you.
10. Have a good time. Remember your attitude will reflect in your
music.
11. We are not babysitting your equipment so, keep you eyes on it
and make sure that you leave with what is yours ONLY.
12. Show up at least 30 min before your stage time and be prepared.
13. You are welcome to video tape the stage only.
14. If you show up drunk or under the influence of drugs you will not
be allowed on the stage.
15. No glass No glass No glass
16. no attitudes. Everyone there is a volunteer and they are not there
to listen to your complaints.

Sounds like work. My boss said some of these same things to me just this week.

Really I am just joking around. To get the gig you got to have your act together. And it does not take me long to set up a small Fender amp and a harp mike. I'll have to look around from one of those tuning mutes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger