Saturday, May 09, 2009

Stone Wall Rockers at Relay for Life...

Here's the Stone Wall Rockers, backing up Elvis at the Relay for Life American Cancer Society Benefit last night. It's the small band version, usually more players and singers than this.

Left to right, Travis, me, Elvis, Mike, Bo and Marshall.
I play harp, but not every song is a good harp song. On those type of songs I play my famed turtle stick shaker.
Travis, me and Marshall, whose band followed us, some Young guys I know, they played quite well.

Me on harp. That's my little Fender Champ amp sticking out behind me. Coupled with a Green Bullet Harp mike and a cheap little slap back echo box it kills with that Chicago Little Walter sound. I am not afraid to stack it up against the big Marshall amps.

Sometimes the emails Travis sends with gig details contain the line, "wear Blues Hats if you got 'em." From the looks of my hair here, I might have to soon have a blues hat. It would have to be a big one, since my head is much larger that the traditional bluesman's head. Maybe it could be like a little contest here, find Carl a blues hat and the prize would be a big screen. We have done that before.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger