Sunday, July 26, 2009

Visit to College Station...

Paid a visit to Morgan in College Station, met he and Ali Friday for a minor league baseball game, the Brazos Vally Bombers vs. the McKinney Marshalls. The Bombers won. Good summertime fun with a nice breeze blowing through the covered grandstand.
On Saturday we paid a visit to The George H.W. Bush Presidential Library on the campus of Texas A&M University. I had forgotten my big camera so here is a grainy cell phone photo of me outside. Search the blog, there is also a post about our visit to the Clinton Library.
Hard to tell from this photo, but my wife claimed that everyone could tell I was a Democrat because I had my shirt tail out. I say she was being subversive and tried to disguise herself as a Republican because she had recently shaved her legs. Anyway, I was asked to speak at the library during my visit. It was by two security guards after I had emptied my pockets of phone, keys, wallet and strolled through the metal detector. They said, "you got on a belt.?" I said "Yes sirs." This was not the only security check I endured on this day, but that's another blog post.
Very nice place with many ponds on the grounds. Bush actually has an apartment there where he stays when there is business at the conference center. He likes to fish in the ponds. Morgan says that if you hear he is in town it is also a good time to hit the ponds as you can count on them being freshly stocked. Executive privilege I guess.
Anyway I think Presidential Libraries are neat. I am headed to Austin in September, might try to squeeze in LBJ's while there. I'll also get around to Dubya's at SMU one day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger