Sunday, September 27, 2009

Every Now and Then You Learn Something...

I went down to the video store the other night. You may remember a previous post about the big boy working down there, his scrutiny and verdicts on movies I watch. It was a popular post, lots of comments, cards, letters, and emails from interested fans basically a tie in whether we should elect him to public office or get a restraining order that forbids his comments on the business of others.



Anyway, what I learned was and I knew this was that when interested fans read something on here they often sent comments, cards letters, emails saying "I know just what you mean man." It's usually something I never thought of, but often I consider this input a valid point of view because I did not know what I was meaning when I was writing and it always helps when other people do the head work. This is the case with the original Post on big boy.



From my description folks pictured a backwoods old country boy. This is not the case, he's not a local. I have spent sometime thinking on this and I should have presented myself better as the backwoods old boy, which he confused with some type of intellectual. I'll do better next time.



Anyway, I picked out a video and proceeded to the counter to present my selection for his inspection. It was something about Vikings in the new world vs. Christian monks vs. Native Americans and boasted a death metal soundtrack which led me to believe there would be quite a bit of gratuitous sword fighting. Turned out to be probably the best idie flick in the store.



Back at the counter big boy looked at that movie. He said, "You people rent the weirdest stuff." I turned around real slow. There was no one else there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger