Sunday, October 18, 2009

Camp Catfish...

Got camp set up at the lake this weekend. Here's Pop, Geneva and Cathy girding their loins to make an assault on the catfish population. The tent is where me and Cathy are sleeping, maybe when we grow up we will be in a big trailer.


Sunrise over Big Sam. That's our boat at the shore, in the background you see another boat that's been on that spot each morning, which some of you readers may remember as the location of some very hot white bass action about 20-25 years ago. If Cathy gets tired of catching catfish I'll ask permission to fish there.




Pop and Geneva have racked up some personal bests this trip. I think they have caught more fish that ever. Here they are with a double, Pop's fish being the biggest he has caught on a trip with us. Fishing was spotty this morning, a tough east wind, only managing this big one a bunch of dinks. Saturday was better, 40 cats to 3lbs, a bunch of throw backs and a big fish fry with us four, Juan and Rose, Mary and Miguel in attendance.

Some cats went to the freezer, Pop and Geneva are embarking on a long trailer trip, need supplies, a bunch were fried for family visiting and today I had left over grilled fish tacos swimming in my belly.

I am at the house because I must work tomorrow and will rejoin them for one more overnight in the afternoon.


Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger