Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Not a New Blog Character...

A favorite blog subject, Mary returned from college for the holiday weekend. She has a new hair color. At first I thought it was a job requirement of the nursing home where she is employed as a nurse aide. I know you in the health care field have see it before, that particular shade of burnt something or other is commonly know as "professional nurse aide hair." You see it a lot, bound to be in a container on a shelf at all the big box stores with an expiration date that says "best if purchased after midnight." I guess I was wrong about that because in this fishing picture from the weekend her hair blends perfectly with the color of the two cypress trees we call "The Place." That's so that when she stands up in the boat for big fish pictures, the cat fish that are still in the water don't look up and see her, she is camouflaged, blending with the natural background. More proof that we really do know what we are doing and that everything has a purpose.

At the fish fry afterwards Mary demonstrated cooking skills learned in the dorm at college. She whipped up a nice jello fruit salad to swim in our bellies. It was made in the conventional manner. In the dorm they make this stuff in the commodes of the shared bathrooms down the hall. It easier than it sounds. Pour jello mix in toilet. Add fruit chunks or whatever. Stir. Wrap toilet loosely in contractors plastic drop cloth leaving room to pour ice in to cool toilet bowl so jello will stiffen. Invite friends, serve generously.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger