Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...

We don't always celebrate in the traditional manner around here, people got to work holidays, come in from out of town, whatever we get it done. Today me and Morgan were able to give thanks for a successful duck hunt.

The sun comes up with a little fog hanging over the Big Slough Wilderness Area.











Water is a little higher than I like for jump shooting wood ducks but as you see here we did ok, killing one duck each. Pretty good, I only saw 3 ducks, shot at one, heard more in the back waters close, but out of reach today. Saw quite a few deer driving in before daylight.

That's my dad's old Model 12 Winchester shotgun I am holding, one of the premier duck guns ever made, vintage 1950s. Together we make one more duck season.

These ducks went in the freezer, no swimming in the belly today, they will be on the menu for Christmas when all are here.


Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger