Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lufkin Tournament Time...

Master Olford held his regional tournament at The Angelina College Gym yesterday with many out of town guests arriving to compete and help out. Here's a shot from the opening ceremonies. Total participants 703 with over 1200 separate entries for such events as tradition weapons and sparring, creative and extreme forms and weapons.
Special guest was Mrs. Sun Lee Chairman of the American Taekwondo Association and wife of the late Eternal Grand Master Lee. She received the Key to the City from Mayor Jack Gordon. That's Master Olford standing far left who also received an award from the Mayor for meritorious service to the City of Lufkin.
No awards from the city to me, but not a bad day for the old guy competition wise. Here I am doing my weapon, the double son jah bong. That's the Korean word for what the Chinese and Americans call num-chucks. I placed 1st weapons, and 3rd in forms and sparring.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger