Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just Back From Chicago...

Did some traveling this weekend. Me and Cathy flew up to Chicago to visit Katie who has been living there for a couple of months now. Here is a photo of Cathy and Katie standing on the shores of Lake Michigan. The weather was perfect, sunny and brilliant with coats occasionally feeling comfortable. In the background you see me taking a swim. You know how I get around water, just a little crazy.


And if I get a little crazy around water you know how Cathy gets. She starts itching to fish. Luckily we were able to fit our pontoon in our carry on (you really should fly Southwest, they are very accommodating) and here you see Cathy with the big net out trolling along to banks of the Chicago River which winds through downtown.








As usual when fishing we had good luck. Most of our travels around town were by trains, subway or the elevated "L" as they call it and this was how, just like the locals, we transported our catch home each day. Katie and boyfriend Peter were glad to help out with this and here you see them riding the train with their feet on a big catfish to keep it from flopping around and bothering the other passengers. Thanks guys, for all your great help and hospitality.


Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Katie said...

Thank you for coming and for everything fun we did. I miss you guys already ;(

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger