Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Outboard Motor Repairs...

Thought a quick trip to the lake, a little top water casting for bass would be good therapy yesterday afternoon. It was until a solid stump hit in shallow water spun the hub on the prop and we were only able to limp back to the boat ramp at idle speed.

Quick trip to the repair shop after work today established no damage to the motor itself and that the prop is repairable, be ready after work Thursday. No fishing time lost.

Here's a photo of the rig I essentially grew up fishing in. That's about a 1972 Dura Craft Semi-Vee boat with a 1961 Sea King 15 Horse power outboard ordered by my Dad brand new from Montgomery Wards. this picture could best be dated 1978-1985. Location unknown. It's me at the tiller.

After I got in the pontoon boat business about 1986 or so it soon became apparent I would never use the old Sea King anymore. It was needing a little work so I gave it to my Uncle Sammy and some of his tinkering buddies because I knew they would fix it up and use it. Sammy has since passed on and I am sorry I never asked him what became of this motor. I saw one of these motors at the lake this summer. Knowing Sammy's talent for mechanical workings I had the funny feeling as they passed me leaving the boat ramp it was the motor in this picture. Don't ask me how, I just knew.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger