Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Happy Birthday David...

Today is my cousin David's birthday. He was down for some fishing this week.
Here we are striking a pose at the new Dr. Bill Shelton Pavilion on Sam Rayburn. This is the lake view with Monterrey Park where we like to launch and the hills surrounding the old Popher's Creek bottom in the background. Very nice covered pavilion with the biggest ceiling fan I have ever seen and some nice stone and wood work. Should have made a picture but I bet you can find one online for yourself.

Tub full of Monday's final catch at the cleaning table.
Another shot of the new boat ramp with our boat at the dock in the back ground. Nice hills around the old Popher's Creek bottom. Legend has it there was an Indian Chief named Popher. His son killed a white man. When the posse came the son had fled. Chief Popher offered himself to the posse and they were happy with that, hanging him on the banks of this Creek. They figured one Indian was as good as another. Sad to say we still do that now and then here in Texas.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sad to say we do that in Virgnia as well.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger