Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Polka...!

Here is a cell phone photo I snapped on our recent visit to the Temple Tx Czech Museum. The exhibit commemorates Leo Majeck's Polka Orchestra. This orchestra has been in operation playing gigs in Texas since 1897.

I picked up a couple of their records, 60s vintage maybe, in a Temple thrift store last year. Could be possible some of these instruments were used on that recording. Those tubas look a lot like my horn, I would love to play in a band like this.


Here is a youtube clip from the 90s:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jph6ShWdJR8



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger