Thursday, June 02, 2011

Ayish Bayou Catfish...

On our weekend visit to San Augustine Park we fished along Ayish Bayou, a stream that feeds into Sam Rayburn Lake. The Texas Historical Association says the tributary was named after the Ais Indians who lived along it's banks. Probably a good living until settlers started showing up in the area about 1820, but then that's always the story, there goes the neighborhood. Which is really ok, new neighbors that is by me as long as they let each other be. This photo is one of the few remaining wild Indians still living off the land in the area.


We sacked up a nice little bag of 10 catfish and threw back a bucket full of undersized. Here you see Mary with one of her river monsters.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger