Thursday, September 29, 2011

So I was in a used record store...

...and they had new ones and used cds also. We were in Nashville, Evansville, Austin, New Orleans, Lufkin I forget in one of the kind of places where you dig around in stuff that other people no longer want. And there were other people digging right along with me. All had on their digging clothes, the uniform of the professional hip. Slacker special pants, tats, piercings heck I felt like I was at work. We have to dress a certain way there also.

As I glanced through the records and there were quite a few new ones I noticed the cover of a Various Artist Compilation I had download from emusic. Titled "Palenque Palenque: Champeta Criolla and Afro Roots in Columbia 1975-1991" it was the kind of music you hear playing at a party just before everyone takes off their shirts. I thought it was so cool I gave the copy I burned to Miguel. In the store this record on vinyl was priced $30. I did not ask if this was negotiable. I did congratulate myself on being able to pick music others thought was valuable, or even good even if the only criteria I use is whether it makes people want to take off their shirts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger