Thursday, January 05, 2012

Chicago B.L.U.E.S...

We did manage to see some blues music during the recent PK weekend in Chicago. This is a photo of blues player Cary Bell playing in a club that was a block down from where we stayed called Chicago B.L.U.E.S. We like the joint. It's a cross the street from another blues venue Kingston Mines. On Sunday nights one ticket gets you in both places. 


I noted that on this night there was a line outside Kingston Mines to see Carl Wheathersby. I guess you might say he's a little bigger name. Like I always do I proceed to the less popular thing figuring if everybody's buying this thing it can't be for me and will probably cost too much. Anyway we had a great time, Cary was good and we got to watch young Asian tourists sleep sitting up with loud as heck music going on. They looked like nice boys so I did not make their picture and splash it all over for the whole internet to see. I reserve the right to do only my family that way.


Cary did give me the Jones for a semi hollow body Gibson ES 335 style guitar. I could probably make do with one of the cheaper Epiphones if I had to.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger