Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What a Weekend....





Let's see what started first? Coraline came. Her parents brought her. We had the church St. Patrick's  festival where these photos were made. Not sure what you call the cut out barrel ride. You know, a redneck thing, maybe they have it in other parts of the world but you pull a string of barrels around with a 4 wheeler and the kids love it. 

Then there were the festival horse rides. When Coraline saw the horse she said, "Dog!" I have said worse things about horses. 

The Back Porch Band also played the festival. Well received we even got them on the dance floor. We got a mention on the front page of the Lufkin Daily News. They called us the "Black Porch Band" and I think I like it. Some one asked me for a business card. We don't have any, nice to know people recognize this as business, but I think I'll have some printed up that say "Black Porch Band." See if the other guys notice. 

I had bought 60 dozen Green Mardi Gras Beads from a company on Toulouse St. in New Orleans. I don't know if it's some kind of cultural thing, maybe nice people like at church and a largely Hispanic membership don't go to New Orleans style parades and learn to put their hands up to catch beads. Sorry I hit all ya'll in the face. I guess over all I am really not a nice person. 

Once again to the news media, I was interviewed at the fest by the LDN.  All my quotes were attributed to the Parish Priest. I don't mind, I think Father Francis would have answered the questions the same way as I did. Only answer that was different was when the reporter asked how long I had been here and I answered about 25 years. Father has been here about two years. The next day he was wondering where that came from. I was wondering if I looked like a priest. I have been trying to be a good boy lately, it is Lent and all. 

And one last thing that I thing made my weekend. At the Festival some teenage comes up to me and says, "Was that you playing the coffee shop Friday night?"  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger