Thursday, March 01, 2012

You Know, I Still Have That Shirt...

Posted by Picasa

















I guess I am in a post an old picture mood. Mary, who is not pictured in this photo at all as the result of not even being born yet was digging through some old photos in a brown paper bag. I guess that's what did it. This is not a brown bag photo, some of those will soon appear, but instead a photo that hangs framed in our room. I am going to guess the date as late winter/spring 1988, maybe '89. Those little people in the photo are Katie, Rose and Morgan. The big people are me and Cathy. 


I think this was a self portrait. A 35mm Minolta (are they still in business?) was set on a step ladder and everyone ran to get in place. I can still run, even in this fast digital age to make a photo like this if I have too. 


I still have this barn. It's been painted a few times. We still use the barn red which as you see here has faded but is pretty fresh looking at this time. I still have that shirt. Still fits and looks pretty good if I wear a little matching jacket with it. We could recreate this pose. Maybe even let Mary be in it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger