Friday, May 04, 2012

Well This is Jazz Fest Weekend...




And we are not there. All I could do is pull out old pictures tonight and cry. No not really, too happy to cry but you know how it is, jazz fest kind of gets in your blood and you want to go every year. 

These old pictures are all from the last century. I scanned and posted them even thought I could easily pull up several hundred digital photos from this century of more recent pictures. First one is you know whos. Do we look that much different these days. I still have that hat. Second one is a hobby I still pursue, tuba photos. I wish I still had that Bo Diddley t-shirt. If I do I have not seen it lately. Last photo is from the year we saw Bo the man himself. In this photo he's kicking out some bad jams. 

If I was there this weekend what bands would I see? There's some pretty big name acts that can be seen in most any city playing but I would chose one from the Economy  Hall tent, may be New Leviathan or Preservation Hall Jazz Bands. I might fight the Fais Do Do crowd to see Steve Earle just because he's a favorite. I'd catch something at the Gospel Tent, anything over there Grooves. The rest of the day I'd stop where ever the bounce grabbed me.     Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger