Sunday, July 15, 2012

Back Porch Band at the VFW...






The Back Porch Band played the VFW last night to great success. People danced. We got paid. They booked us for another upcoming date. The band did not break up. So over all a good presentation. These are a few picks form the evening and I will probably get an album up on facebook. Thanks to Miguel for making the pictures. 

Playing with Mary is one of my great joys in this band. If I don't mind saying so we are a great rhythm section. Third photo is me and the lead guitar player, Earl. Forth photo is proof that being in a hat band leaves lots of room for silliness. I guess I don't need to point out to anyone that I do have the biggest hat and with the proceeds from this gig I am going to buy me one of those glitter suits with my name in rhinestones across the back. It will let folks know I am no ordinary dude. 

Last photo gets most of the band members in it. Neil the steel player and the main guy who does most of the business managing, provides the rehearsal hall and other chores is off to the side but this photo just captures the sensitive complective shoe gazing country music we are famous for.   Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger