Thursday, October 04, 2012

Just Driving Around Making Pictures in an Election Year...

As I was driving around Texas last weekend I took some pictures. My wife always tells me I am going to get my butt kicked doing stuff like this. It might happen. At one time I was in pretty good sparring shape but it's slipping away. We might not have the outcome of the election yet but one thing I know with the sparring is that some one will be glad to let you know when you don't have it anymore. 

I assure you I passed many signs in nice yards championing their candidate I did not make any photos of them. Instead I took pictures of the uglier stuff. Stuff that seemed not quite right to me some how. Stuff that was all Republican. First photo is a great ad for Mitt. He must be running on a platform that promises curtains for all. That really seems to be the most glaring need here. 

Second photo, same house, looks like the Hispanic vote is secured. 



In Hearn, Texas I spotted the Romney Ryan street team in action.  Right around the corner was the Dems headquarters. It was located in an old department store in a ruined and aging downtown. Looked well organized but loss of points for the smaller signs. 


One thing I have discovered is that some don't want to be saved. 













Nice sign here. My political memory only really goes back to Nixon, maybe a little bit of Johnson. I am sure in some of the protests of that era there were some nasty signs. I am sure I have never seen a sign like this about those guys or Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, or the Bushes. At least not in some one's yard or place of business. I hope this guy wakes up one day and realizes all that government enables him to do with the main thing being to have good smooth roads free of ambush to conduct his commerce. 

I don't know what you think. I recently questioned a friend who had become a small business owner. I happened to know his political persuasions and we had discussed it before. They say don't discuss politics in nice company. He's not nice company so it was ok.   I said "they say the government is choking you little guys down, you switching sides?" 

He said, "I'll stay with what I know." 









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger