Sunday, October 28, 2012

Right Down in Austin...

 Been in Austin this weekend. We are back now. Here's what it looked like form the hotel room. That's a great 24 hour diner right handy and across the highway is the Longhorn's practice field. Looks like that practice paid off as they won. 

Saw some great music this weekend. Here's a grainy cell phone photo from a Friday night concert at the Austin City Limits Venue with Todd Snider (one of our heros), Jason Isbell formerly of the Drive By Truckers (more heroes) and Amanda Shires. Last night we saw the Austin Lounge Lizards at the Cactus Cafe. Great funny show with sarcastic political and religious humor and some wicked picking that really pokes common sense fun at many of the things folks get so stirred up about these days.  Good small show to a room of about 75 people. 

Sorry for the grainy cell phone photos. Guess I am getting into the better shows these days. They got rules like no cameras and stuff. I guess I can live without the camera for the music. I sure don't miss the stuff. 

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger