Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Another History Lesson...

 Time for another older you will get history lesson. We made a recent visit to the LBJ Ranch. LBJ liked to get visitors (he's dead so I did not have to do this) to write their name in wet concrete. There are a bunch of names and I did not take pictures of them all but I liked names here written by the astronauts. You can make out Shepard, Schirra, Sladyon, Glenn and Grisson pretty easy. A photo with this exhibit shows Johnson's big Texas ass towering over the tiny space jockeys as they wrote.


JFK we hardly knew you. Rest in peace.

The ranch house itself. U.S. Parks service offers a nice tour of the down stairs with the upstairs open soon. Very impressive but no inside photos allowed. Photos show that much of LBJs business was conducted under this 400 year old tree. A photo history shows everything from Texas sized BBQs for foreign heads of states to strategic planning with McNamara, Westmoreland and other cabinet and joint chiefs of staff members all sitting in 1960s webbed lawn furniture   

Now I have sat here also. No big plans made by me. I'm  just thankful for what we have now and how hard all these famous men tried to do the right things. Hope I can do my best also. 





Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger