Thursday, November 29, 2012

Exclusive! Elvis...

And now for another blog exclusive (it's a week of new blog characters) Elvis is now in the older you will get house courtesy of cousin Mary Ann who owns this unpublished photo.  She has quite a story to go with it. 

Mary Ann remembers this as happening in the year 1958. Possible as a quick check of history shows Elvis in the Army (He was inducted at Camp Chaffee Arkansas, my Dad discharged from that camp 1946) starting in March of that year with a couple of leave trips home that summer. I bet Elvis got lots of leave. 

Mary Ann worked for the FBI in Memphis. Elvis got a death threat letter. Bet he got lots of those to go with lots of love letters. Two FBI agents were sent to Graceland to investigate. From their reports Elvis was humble and welcoming. He posed for this photo. The agents returned to the office and knowing that Mary Ann was a huge Elvis fan they developed the photo. If you look close between Elvis's legs you can see an autograph. It's faked by one of the agents who wished to pull a fast one on my star struck cousin. Speaking of cousins the guy in the background is Elvis's cousin. I don't know his name. 


Here's cousin Mary Ann on her recent visit to my Mom's house. She has a camera but it's only to make photos of the relatives.  No Elvis appearance on this evening. 

As for exclusive unexpected appearances I guess you have heard of that FBI computer software that looks around out there on the internet to see who is talking about them. The already know I wrote this. They know you read it. Heck for all I know Mary Ann may still work for the FBI. Elvis might still be somewhere getting his photo made. As big as this blog is I would not be surprised by death threats.  

Hope you liked the photo. Guess I'll go to bed. It's all starting to look too connected. 





Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger