Thursday, April 25, 2013

Anyone Ever Seen Miguel and King Khan in the Same Room?...






A quick run  down to Houston allowed us to catch a band we have been following at Fitzgerald's. The band was calling themselves King Khan and the BBQ. The cd we have is called King Khan and the Shrines. Cathy and the KIng hang before the show. 

Of course there were costumes. The guy sitting down whose name best I guess is BBQ is playing guitar and drums with his feet. 

King Khan. Cathy says she thinks they got these costumes at a Mardi Gras store she knows about in N.O. As for the music think "punk do-wop" if you can. 
















Had trouble getting a good shot of BBQ. He was a busy boy moving around a lot. King Khan was kind of a screaming singer but this guy had a quality voice. I think my favoirite bands are the ones doing unusual stuff like this. 


BBQ's set up. I think he borrowed most of this gear from the opening band, the bass drum and the small Acoustic Bass amp. I think that says something about this band, that particular bass amp. Not something you see in a typical pro set up but something that gets the job done.    Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger