Saturday, April 13, 2013

New Blog Character...

This man and woman came cruising by as we fished the spot we call "the place" the other day. They stopped and asked if the fish were shallow or deep. I said shallow. We netted a 5 pound blue as he watched. He asked if he could fish nearby and pulled off a respectable distance. Soon returned and said:
"That water is only two feet deep!" 

I said, "They are shallow," for the second time. We netted another 5 pound blue. 

Yesterday the fish were slow. We were in the place. This guy returns. Says after we left he caught 10 but the next day, a day we did not fish, he caught 5. He's not hurting my place. I have caught 500 catfish over the few couple of years by this particular cyprus tree. It is the first time some one has noticed me doing it though. These folks must not be locals. Locals pass you by and keep going to their own secret places. May be in a few days his vacation will end and we will not be bothered  

The fishing is probably only good for another month at this spot. The fish will move on to other patterns of behavior with warmer weather. I certainly did not fish the near by spot we call n"old reliable" with this guy in the area.    Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger