Friday, July 26, 2013

More Can Guitar Builds...




I built two more can guitars. In a way these were very nice builds. The quality of work was nice. In another way these were failures because I was trying to build a fiddle.

I used Cafe Bustelo Coffee as the body and this is good coffee by the way, no affiliation. Necks are ceder. On the right is a one string using a tape wound bass guitar string. On the left is a two string. I tried to play both with a fiddle bow. Let it be said that I am not a fiddle player but I just could not make it work as a bowed instrument.  Back to the drawing board on these. 

On re-purposing I would have to call these a mini lap steal and a mini string bass. The lap steep sounds dulcimer like and the one string definitely gets a bass sound when plucked.  

Live and learn, it's my motto for each day. 

  Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your hobby seems to be growing... Thinking of expanding it into a business?

BTW, I agree - Cafe Bustelo is very good coffee.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

It looks like I will have some of these in an Art show at Stephen F. Austin Sate U. in 2015. People buy art don't they?

If you look around on the internet these days there are a lot of folks building and selling these guitars. There is some fine work out there and some fine prices as well. In this area it's pretty closed musically. Most have not seen one of these guitars even thought Sir Paul played one on Saturday Night Live and they look at me like I am a little crazy.

We will just see what happens.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger