Sunday, September 22, 2013

What Kind of Duck?...

On one of our recent fishing trips we launched out of Monterrey Park on Lake Sam Rayburn. I noticed these birds lazing about on the band not 50 yards from the boat ramp. I don't know what kind of bird they are.
They were pretty tame. There was not a bunch of human activity at the ramp. Only us launching and two young men returning from a hunt on the opening morning of teal season. These are definitely not teal, which are small birds. I must complement the young men on their duck ID skills. Hard to resist a target like these and after all the history of mankind indicates that it is somewhat genetically programmed  in us to kill something just to see what it is. I assure you that these birds are not swimming in my belly. 
As we motored slowly by on the way to our fishing spot a couple of the birds flew. The rest of them just ignored the heck out of us as you can see by this disrespectful head tucked over the back posture. It's the most insulting gesture of the duck world. 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Wallace said...

They are loons dad!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

No, the loons were in the pictures on last week's blog.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger