Thursday, September 12, 2013

Build #12...




Finely got back on track with another cigar box guitar build. This one uses an "Acid" brand wooden cigar box. I got the cigar box from the local cigar shop 1882 Tobacconist on South First Street. I'll plug them since I'll probably get some more boxes there. 

I looked up Acid cigars on the internet. The company that makes these has numerous brands and they tout this brand as "a smoking experience like no other." I guess I'll have to market my guitars as a playing experience like no other. 

This one is pretty music like my most recent builds. Same tuners, same peizo pick up and this time I did all soldering and wiring my self instead of buying a pre wired kit. The guitar is for sale and I have about two others that I will soon be actively marketing. 

In case you wonder what it sounds like the acoustic sound is fair to good. I tuned A-E-A for a more model blues sound instead of the happy country A-C#-E tuning I usually prefer. The peizo sounds good through solid state amps, more so that a tube amp for some reason and really sounds good through the recent homemade amp build I did.  

So what does it sound like? Here is an original composition called the Sting Ray Blues. Click on the link to here the song.  It's dirty, it's nasty, it's about a sting ray that stung my foot. I tried to imitate that crawling in the bottom sound using a cigar box three string guitar, a homemade 2.5 watt amp and a heap plenty of wah-wah and delay. For $80 bucks I'll sell you this guitar and you can crawl the bottom also. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger