Monday, September 09, 2013

Who Done This?...

That's a question I used to have to ask a lot more when I had kids still living in the house. I never got a satisfactory answer either. I don't think I'll get an answer to who or what chewed a hole in the bucket of maize I was souring up for catfish chum. 

If you have been fishing with me you know what a science it is. I sling a bunch of stinky soured maize over the side of the boat and then all others sling an even stinkier bait in after it and you hang on for when the catfish start pulling. Souring the maize does take a little planning because the longer it's been fermenting the better it will be. 

I rarely have to add any other ingredients to a bucket of maize. I might occasionally pour in a beer. I don't drink so I don't have beer around here but if you came over and got so drunk that you could not drink all your beer and you left some in my fridge I may have poured that in the maize. Note the warning sign on my buckets in the picture. It says don't fall in this stuff.

As you can see I have several buckets ready for the cool fall fishing and for some reason a critter and I suspect Squeaky Squirrel, has gnawed a hole in one bucket and consumed the entire contents. I suspect Squeaky because when ever I would round the corner of the yard where these buckets are stationed Squeaky would flee from the area acting like he was not doing anything. Kind of like the kids used to do. I don't know why this bucket was chosen from all others. There is at least 12-15 gallons ready for consumption and he seems to have had his fill.

Well you know how it is. Sometimes you have to go straight, give up your old habits and start anew. Can't keep your head in a bucket forever.     Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger