Friday, December 13, 2013

The Christmas Possum and Other Stories...

Miguel Sr. is still in the hospital. He might look a little better today after his surgery yesterday but things are still very serious. Please pray for him. Even though he is sick and lies unknowing in a hospital bed for the time being life goes on around us. 

This morning I plunge through the door at 6am headed to work. On my door step doing it's best baby Jesus imitation is a possum in a wire cage.Instead of wrapped in swaddling clothes it's wrapped in a Dallas Cowboys blanket. It has this note:
Seems in the middle of the night at the Zamora home a very large possum in the attic crosses the pull down steps and the steps sink down to the the lower level, the people part of the house and expose possum to people. An hour long chase ensues, possum ends up wearing Mary's boots but Miguel nets possum like a Greek fisherman nets squid in the Aegean Sea. Possum ends up at my house. I am in a hurry, work awaits and I am busy there. No time for possum so I release him right there in the garage. Possum runs in flower bed and hides. Here's what hiding possum looks like:
Shortly we will be gathering for Christmas. We will draw names to see who brings the Christmas possum next year. 

As I mentioned I am busy at work. I will see patients at two different facilities both days this weekend.  Some one told me I would be bored with nursing home work. I'm not. There are plenty of challenges. Cathy is also working a 7 on 7 off at night and we have been passing each other in the doorway lately. That's ok. Work is a good thing. 

On the guitar making front I sold another guitar. It was the Big Ben can guitar. Use the blog search feature and you can find it. I have another very sweet one that I think is the best I have made. Pictures to come soon. 

Tomorrow is Selena, Miguel's sister's 14th birthday. Friend her on facebook. Maybe you will get invited to the big Quiencera to be held when she turns 15 next year. We will be playing the music for the Mass. 

So there you have it. All this uproar almost has me night screaming and I did not even relate the dream I had last night. It was a pretty good dream but a little strange and I'll save that for later. 

As I say, life goes on. I know this is mostly the stuff about me but I know it goes on around you also. 






Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger