Sunday, December 01, 2013

Made a Drum Set...





I know it's been quiet on the home front but we are busy. I took time last week to knock together an unconventional drum set.

Snare stand is an extra from who knows where. How do you end up with more snare stands that you have snare drums? 

Suit case $5 at a Pasadena Goodwill store. Brushes from the local music store. Kick pedal is the cheapest one I could find online. Would you believe you can spend more on a kick pedal than I have ever spent on a guitar? 

I knocked together the little suitcase stand out in the workshop. 

Last but not least is the bedpan donated by Bill Cooney. He was not using it right now. 

Makes a pretty decent little drum set. The bed pan has angled sides so there is a variety of sounds to be found and I have a lot of different drum strikers. 

Here's a side view. Maybe in a few day I'll get up a sound sample. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. It's a major brand. 














And of course I got drummers. Here Coraline and Warren try to share a mallet to pound what I like to call a tongue drum. Many call it a slit drum. What ever you call it I'll be on the look out for some kind of stand so I can add it to the set. After that I won't just play drums I will paint soundscapes.    Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger