Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Look What's Under the Tree...





Look what I had under or leaning on a little ceder tree in the yard this morning. It's my latest build, #19 from a Christmas tin. It's got a ceder neck. It's tuned low to high G, B, D for a nice happy major chord sound. Perfect for playing some Christmas songs. Make sure you got some type of slide because these fret-less three stringers are all about scrapping metal on wire and a reverberating tin box miked by a shrill screaming piezo pickup.  

I priced it at $45 and it's hanging in the local music store Sound Techs with several other builds and am grateful for the wall space the guys have donated to me to display my wares. Andy who makes King Bee Guitars was in the store this morning and looked over my stuff. I handed out some of my new business cards. 

I think people are liking these guitars but as folks look them over I get a few suggestions like "how about you make all the headstocks the same?" or "how would you go about radiusing one of these necks." Remember it's about the music in you and having something different from everyone else and I loosely paraphrase Papa Mali "We are not going your way we are searching for a place to go.. We have to find our own way and it's going to be different." 

Last photo is the instruments I have on display at the music store. They are hung upside down because they fit the guitar hangers better that way. They are kind of different you know.    Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger