Sunday, February 16, 2014

Courtyard with a View...

I am relaxing in our rental's courtyard. It really does not have a view. Maybe a view of the blog but it is a private place where I sit, write and listen to WWOZ on the radio. That's kind of how all the sitting places down here are. You can't see much but there there are not many who can see you. There are a few other tenants in the apartments ringing this hidden place. I think this little complex has the capacity to sleep 32 people in the various spaces. There is not that many here but I could be mistaken. New Orleans is a world of things to do. I think a person comes here to do a thing of his choosing and it may well not be a thing that you yourself ever imagined. I think that is one of the things that makes the world great. All scatter out and see what you want. I don't like a bunch of people infringing on my schtick anyway. 
The kids and their others all made it down and have begun departing. All are headed back to the world. Katie and Peter are still here and are scheduled to leave tomorrow but for now they have wandered to the Quarter. Mary and Miguel left early to visit Don Miguel in the hospital in Houston where his recovery continues. Morgan and Ali left this morning and found out yesterday they have a house they bid on under contract. Rose, Juan and grandkids left a few minutes ago as Rose and Coraline have school tomorrow. Hopefully this little weekend will recharge all theirt energies to continue to work, play and love each other. 

As you know I have been busy capturing as many photos of tuba players as I can. Here are a few of the family. 
It did not seem like people were as drunk as the last time I visited Bourbon St. but there were certainly plenty of folks there. Of course by most standards I was in bed before the real fun started. 
Miguel tells Juan about the two old boys down on Dumaine. They both had a dress the same. That's ok I am not making fun of them at all. Just look in these photos as see how many folks are having the same big old green drink of some kind. 

Of course I will devote special time to grand kid photos but for now as all head back to their homes, thanks for coming down to celebrate. 





Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was a great time DAD! Thank you!!!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger