Sunday, August 10, 2014

An Anniversary...

I bought and moved into our house 31 years ago today. There's been a lot of things happen in those 31 years. To me and to the house and as time passed on to me, my wife, family and house. Not long after I had bought the house I was living there and still single a guy. A fellow stopped by with a photo of my house taken from the air. He wanted to sell me a painting done from the photo and he did. I liked the painting and still do but I guess Google Earth has made this kind of thing obsolete. 
There is a bit of camera flash but you get the idea. I don't remember exactly what year this was but I can offhand without going outside think of at least 15 trees, various shrubs and one outbuilding that have been added to the property. The front porch has been closed in.  That's a 1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88 parked in the garage. I don't own it anymore but sometimes wish I did. 

Now back to all those things that have changed. One of them was getting married which has been a good thing but for some reason my wife was never taken with the painting of the house. It now hangs behind the door in my bedroom out of sight. So if you come over and say "let's go somewhere," and I say "ok let me change clothes" and I shut the bedroom door and it seems like I am taking a long time I probably forgot about you and am looking at the painting. It will be ok to knock, come on in and look at the painting too. Just don't tell my wife I showed it to you. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger