Friday, January 09, 2015

Lost My Voice...

Not as a blog writer. I have laryngitis. I can barely speak above a whisper. It was better this morning to start the day but as the day progressed and I talked to patients and their family members, other therapists, nurses, aides and anyone else that came along by the time I got home I could not hardly hold my end of the conversation for the one hour I talked to Cathy before she went to work. 

Laryngitis is the inflammation of the larynx with the hoarseness or loss of voice caused by irritation to the vocal folds. Thank God for cell phones because I was able tro slip mine down my throat, take the photo and pull it back up with a string. 


A speech therapist I work with gave me orders of vocal rest and 64 ounces of water a day to hydrate. Sounds good but I may have to wait on the water because if I start now I might wet the bed tonight. 

A second thing that is going on with this is that my tinnitus is worse today. Tinnitus is a "ringing" in the ears due to hearing lost caused by loud noises, stress or nasal drainage or the lack of. No stress here but I really have the other two, exposure to loud noise and drainage problems. In fact I don't know what this drum beat Warren is playing would sound like in my current condition. I know for sure I could not sing along. 

Sometimes I threaten to come to your house. I always encourage your calls. None of that will be happening tonight. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger