Monday, July 25, 2016

A Great New Orleans Wedding...

New Orleans is one of my favorite places. Lots of trips there and a lot of stories to tell. Sometimes I don't think I have told all the stories from the first time I was there. This weekend we were there for my cousin Alyssa's marriage to Jesse. Just like me New Orleans is one of their favorite places and it was a great time spent with family. 

The wedding was held in St. Louis Cathedral. It's the big church located in Jackson Square and is the oldest cathedral in the USA. The first church on the site dates to 1719 and the current structure dates to 1850. 

Great Wedding Liturgy. The priest was wonderful, Jesse's aunt who is a nun did one of the readings and some family members and or friends I think did the cantering and played the big pipe organ


The bride and groom lead a second line through the Quarter with the Paulin Brothers Brass Band supplying the street beat.  The origins of the Paulin Band date to the 1920s. They are the heritage of serious traditional New Orleans Jazz.  


The wedding party winds through the Quarter. 


The reception was at the Royal Sonesta Hotel. The website description uses phrases like "Southern Refinement" and "food is art philosophy" and I can tell you the the food was out of this world. I hate to say it but there were so many good things that I did not actually sample everything. The things left undone were the traditional New Orleans dishes red beans and rice and etoufee. As tasty as the shrimp and grits, gumbo, lamb and beef were I know I will take this regret to my grave. 


Parents of the bride my cousin Andrea and husband Kim. Thanks for being great hosts. 


My cousin Jennifer and husband Floyd. We got to get together more often. From the small world department one of their sons, Quentin went to high school with Cathy's niece Caitlyn's boyfriend Nathan.


Thanks again to all my family and good luck to the bride and groom. Life is great and y'all are wonderful. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger