Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Fishmus...

I got out of Christmas easy this year. All Cathy wanted was to go fishing on Christmas Day. I think it's the second year in a row we have fished on this day. I did balk a bit about what the goal for the trip would be. I did not really want to clean another limit of catfish so I suggested we float noodles and try to catch a big one. 

Her is Cathy and her brother Matt with one of three fish we caught. If you don't know, floating noodles is where you take a bunch of swimming pool noodle floats, cut each in three or four pieces, tie on a drop line with a hook, weight and sinker. You bait with live or cut bait and toss it over the side of the boat so it floats and fishes while you relax back and watch for the tell tell action of a fish trying to take one under. 

It's a bit of a process to decide whose fish this was. There are four parts. Some one sees the noodle jerking in the water, someone drives the boat ( my part ) skillfully up to the noodle, someone hooks the line with a boat hook and some one nets.  


Cloud photo to show the funky Texas weather. One of our noodles float in the foreground. 


These three cats got grilled up and fed 5 people with sauteed greens and cornbread on the side. There were two fillets left and I just ate them for supper. 

Merry Fishmus!  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger