Friday, May 21, 2021

Macho Mockingbird and Other Spicy Stories...

 I though I would flesh out the story of the Macho Mockingbird a little more. I have been thinking about a new tattoo and this certainly is a candidate because it does hold some transcendental meaning. It has a back story and could be related to events that may or may not or could or did not happen. Or maybe they did. People tell me stuff I said and did all the time. Like the facts involved here I don't always remember. Maybe I did, maybe I said, maybe not.

Some years ago before blogs and internet influencing, before conspiracy theories and when global warming had not come to the attention of certified YouTube researchers me and Scott Smith (yes that's his real name) came up with an apocalyptic sci-fi novel idea. It started when Mr. Smith saw a mockingbird, the State Bird of Texas, eating habanero peppers from his garden. That was a macho mockingbird for sure and when it came time to bottle hot sauce Mr. Smith got his artist friend, Jon Stuart Anderson  to draw a logo. I was proud to receive a bottle. I love hot sauce.


Now we know how much trouble it is when something that is so much fun and we love so much happens to be illegal. Like say, catching as many fish as you can or driving as fast as you can. Fun stuff. Pick your own poison. What if hot sauce was made illegal? 

So from these events and ideas the story of a near future where an evil government has outlawed hot sauce. A good old boy is growing banned peppers deep in the pine forests of East Texas. To spread the freedom of the burn to the word he must avoid the authorities by stealing down the Neches Rive in a 12' flat bottom boat powered by a 1954 five and a half horsepower Johnson outboard motors. His destination is a shady connection at the river's mouth near Beaumont, Tx.

In addition to the atom bomb metaphor of peppers and hot sauce being illegal other murky environmental events, wars and domestic terrorism have rendered the river back to it's free flowing state and made many technologies such as modern outboard motors with computer brains that require fancy gas, oils and lubricants useless. 

With the relentless rain and flooding we have had lately I doubt you could find your way down the main river channel so you are probably getting the idea by now. A good, honest man takes on evil, injustice, and global warming. The animals are his allies and are led by the Macho Mockingbird. He wins by being the spiciest guy around.

Actually I think a rough draft or first take on this idea exists on paper somewhere. It's probably in a pretty crude state but it might be an idea that comes to maturity one day. 

In the mean time keep an eye on lawmakers. You never know what they are thinking. 

If I show up with a Macho Mockingbird tattoo maybe you better get one too.             



   

 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger