Sunday, May 16, 2021

Fishing With the Grandkids...

Four adults, four kids under four. What could go wrong? Well nothing because with a one to one adult to child ratio we caught 23 catfish yesterday slip corking in 10' of water. 

Just look at me and Luca cruising across the lake. 

Here's a boat load of fun. We often thought we would buy a longer boat when we retired. Looks like the kids will probably buy their own boats. I soon might not need a boat at all.  


Plenty of action reeling by Ezra and Parker reeling in fish. 


Cathy took big fish honors but had to net it herself for all the apparent reasons. 


Morgan holds up a stocky blue cat with visions of blackened fillets dancing in his head. 


Actually I did catch one fish while holding a baby but there were a whole lot of missed bites


The Zamora boys with a hard days work. 

Actually there was one disaster when one of those old yellow Eagle Claw rods with the cork handle was sticking over the side of the boat and got broken when it hung on a bush. That pole, which had been assigned to use for Ezra last summer was probably 50 years old. Maybe I'll convert it to a short power rod and the little ones can continue to use it for tight line fishing.  

I tend to be a glass half full guy though and the broken rod will soon be forgotten. What will be remembered is when some one handed you one of Dad's Famous Hushpuppies. 



 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger