Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Nothing Much to See Here Just Supper...

This Kentucky bass thought he would look good in pink. 

The Bream fishing has been hot on B.A. Steinhagen lake but it's bit of a drive over there so I decided I would take the canoe and check some spots around Hanks Creek on Sam Rayburn. Today's catch was two 12" catfish, a Kentucky bass, one large bream and several throw back bream and bass.  


Catfishing has been good the last couple of trips and maybe that is what I should have tried today as they certainly liked the 1" crappie slider. I had lots of short bites that I missed and I wondered if that was the cats nipping at the paddle tail. 


There's a good bream. When I was a kid on family camp outs I caught bream around the Hanks campground. My kids caught bream on our campouts here and there is a couple of spots that still consistently pay off but not today. Bream like warm water and maybe it's not quite there yet. 

I got a good cardio workout paddling against the wind on the way back. Lake was not rough but I did the hardest paddle I have had lately for the least return on fish. 

I did clean the 4 I kept and baked them with a handful of shrimp, butter, a little garlic, Cajun spice and lemon.   


Are these good to eat? Seems I took a look at New Orleans trumpeter Kermit Ruffin's web page around Easter time and he was cooking rabbit and turtle for Easter dinner. He said it was a thing down there. 

 



 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger