Monday, June 14, 2021

Let's Go Ahead and Start the Summer...


We made a catfish trip on Friday. First time out with the boat in a few weeks as we have been busy with a new grandchild, older grandkids and lots of rain in this area that has caused our favorite bat ramps to close. We launched at Cassels Boykin for this excursion. 

Cathy tried out a new fishing hat and gives it an A+. She caught 6 catfish to my two keepers. Bout time my streak ran out. I have had a hot hand lately. We also had a lot of small throw backs. The spot where we had good luck last time which was about a month ago at 8' deep was 15' deep this trip. There was some 8' water way back up in the woods and we tried to fish there but with a lot of hang-ups due to the flooded timber made a good bait presentation difficult. If you can't get the bait to him, he's not going to bite it. That's fishing in a nutshell. 

We tried a deep spot but we could not find our favorite stump to tie to. It must be submerged and where we tied was 47'. There were fish there suspended about 15 reel cranks off the bottom but this was where all the throw backs came from. 

Cathy took a dive in the lake. Water temps showed to be 83 degrees and we are both confirmed warm water swimmers so I was surprised she went for this. She was back in the boat so quick I don't think her hair got wet.  

We had lately taken a swim in the pool of a sun baked courtyard of a local mid century hotel and the pool water was nice and warm. This afternoon we have a Ratcliff canoe trip planned with a host of grandkids. Should be warm. 


 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger