Monday, February 14, 2022

Everybody Hollering Cat...

It's Valentines Day. We both got each other cat cards. Must be because we recently got a cat which is the first pet we have had in quite a while. Somebody said that having a pet makes you a nicer person. Really I just made that up but it's probably been said by some one even though we all know a dude we can't stand that has a dog. 

This cat, who goes by Percival or Percy or Perseverance because he persuasively hung around is really named Balls. We just use the P names because the grandkids automatically knew there was something inherently wrong with an adult standing in the backyard hollering "Balls" when what she really wanted was the cat to come here. 

What ever you want to call him he has fit in well. He's very tolerant of children and a good snake catcher. He helps me with wild duck plucking and catfish skinning. Judging from the hand to mouth by the grandkids in the photo they might help Balls with eating cat food.         

He is a young cat and does not have the proper strategy in place to catch a squirrel. There are some terrain features near our bird and squirrel feeder he could use for concealment but at this time he prefers the dead on stalk followed by a so far unsuccessful quick rush that is not fooling anyone.      


Balls, who is tame and loving has a Doppelganger that has begun hanging around. The Doppelganger looks pretty much like Balls but is wild and unapproachable. I think Doppelganger really belongs to some nearby neighbors because I see it head off that way after it's come by to check on Balls and it appears fat and well fed. 

They don't seem to have a real close relationship but Cathy thinks that this is Ball's mother.  


On Valentine's Day I could give lots of advice. Get a cat card, stand in the yard and holler "Balls", pluck a duck, make a dead on stalk with a quick rush but whatever don't be wild and unapproachable when your sweetie comes calling. 






 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger