Thursday, March 17, 2022

A Slow Fish Day But Fun for All Trip...

Fishing was not all that great today but a great time was had by all on this spring break lake trip. Joining me, Cathy, the grandkids Ezra and Luca were our old friend Janet and her granddaughter Journee. It's been awhile since Janet fished with us. It's not our first rodeo out of Hanks Creek as I think I have a photo album of a camping trip from the late 80s or early 90s that shows us and some big catfish.  

Sometimes when we take folks fishing it's occasionally us that does all the catching. Janet put it on the home team today with two fish including big fish. Nice for a guest to have the best luck. Me and Cathy were not skunked as we caught one each and Journee allowed how I had smallest fish honors.  


Two catfish were all they needed to make a good supper for themselves. Janet sent photos of the fish being fried up in her kitchen. I sent photos of the weenies I was grilling. 

I do know how to fix up a nice fishing lunch. 


I only caught one more fish than Journee but I think she had a good time. 

The lake is a bit low for our shallow water slip corking catfishing game. Spots that are usually holding fish at 6' are about 2' deep right now. I checked the fishing log from this time last year and about the same thing was going on. In 2021 the week after this brought rain and a rise that kept on until our spots were soon 15' deep. 

I'll probably hold on catfish till the water is up a bit.  

 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger