Wednesday, February 23, 2022

I Am Not Going Your Way...


A big hippie picked me up and carried me down the street grids of straight America and past all the square box houses. In those houses people, screens, one in every room and one in every hand and pocket. All looking at the same thing, calling it different, calling it freedom while we passed them going our own way. 

I and the hippie were one in our recognition of our differences. Not that our differences were so great to set us apart in our own square box house but there were some rules that were universal truths to be held through time and space by enlightened Buddhas like ourselves. 

Those rules that had me carried, swept away by the expectations of a tired old world were that it would not be ok the climb on the cabinet and put my feet in the butter dish, that warm, greasy room temperature soul bath of happiness. 

The big hippie picked me up and carried me...going our own way. 


  

 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger