Monday, March 21, 2022

Toughest Guy I Know...

It was a big weekend with Miguel's sister Crystal marrying Herbey. It was a great wedding, we played the music and a fine celebration of uniting the two families. The most outstanding event of the weekend to me was that Miguel Sr. walked his daughter down the isle and then danced with her at the reception afterwards. He's the toughest guy I know. 
If you are a long time blog reader or know the families involved you are familiar with the story. In 2013 Miguel Sr. had a minor stroke, spent a bit of time in rehab recovering and was almost ready to go home when he had a major stroke. When I say major I mean the kind that people do not recover from. 

After almost a year in hospitals and rehab facilities he came home. He's limited in mobility but has kept working and exercising each day. Most of you know I retired as a physical therapist assistant with experience in the neuro rehab field and I have seen steady incremental improvements that he has been able to achieve through his never quit, give up or lose faith attitude. Don Miguel described his daily routine to me this weekend and I doubt most of you do as much.    


Cathy says she is glad we were at the wedding rehearsal and found out he planned on walking his daughter down the isle. She said "I might have not been able to play the guitar for crying so hard at seeing this." As you see his wife Alejandra and family has stood by him the whole way. Miguel Sr. can even pitch in with some grandkid babysitting if everyone is fed and changed to set things up good.  


Father/Daughter dance makes it all worth it. 

Next time you think it's too hard, you want to quit and can't go on remind yourself to be like Don Miguel and get tough. You can make it.  



 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger