Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Are These Good to Eat, Slip Corks and They Will Never Find My Fishing Spot...

The eternal question which we ask about all God's creatures except for maybe the largemouth green sun fish is can this be eaten? This is a Western Chicken Turtle and he hit a slip cork rig baited with JPiggs punch bait just like a catfish. I performed CPR (catch photo and release) and I could not find any info on edibility.   

Fish were about the depth of your rod from the reel to the tip. A bit of cloud cover and a nice wind rippling the water helped provide the shade that encourages this shallow activity and cooled the fishermen also. Cathy and her brother Matt racked up this double. Fish were mostly small and we threw back a bunch.  


I did not try this area but the blue heron thinks it's good. I bet that cypress is on a sandbar with deep water nearby and is probably as good as any catfish spot. We fished about three hours including a brief try at one our deep water spots that produced a half a dozen keepers and a few throwbacks. In 35' feet of water fish were suspended from 20' down to the bottom.  

The black choppers were overflying the lake try to spot my places. 

On our way to fish we saw a green noodle floating and on return it was still there so we retrieved it in the name of lake clean up. No fish on and it was tagged properly but apparently it's been floating in the lake for 10 years. I really don't think that but I'm retired and it's hard to keep up with the days sometimes and we all lost a year with the pandemic so your guess is as good as mine. 

Final total was 28 catfish. That makes approximately 150 cats to 8 pounds from this area. It's not a record but they are all swimming in my belly.

   

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger