Monday, June 13, 2022

Ringing...


 I did my usual tuba rehearsal this morning. It's part of a daily routine that I have developed since I retired. 

The routine starts first thing with coffee and if I have something on my mind I write this blog. If there is nothing on my mind and some say there isn't and all the good things have been written and the better things are not ready to be talked about yet I start my daily exercise. This takes about an hour. After this is when the tuba starts. 

After the tuba I usually do some yard work of some type but with the heat I kept it light and after lunch I retired with a book for what is locally known as "the lay down." In the quiet of the house was when I notice that the tuba playing had seemed to kick the old tinnitus up a notch. 

I think I first noticed a ringing in my ears once after seeing Ray Wylie Hubbard and the lost Gonzo Band play Communication Breakdown at the old Hole in the Wall bar in Nacogdoches back sometime in the early 1980s. It's been downhill from there as I have seen lots of shows since then that have been mostly in small bars and mostly up close and spent lots of time playing my own music whether with an instrument or on the stereo all way too loud. 

It's kind of a weird thing the tuba making the ringing worse but then sometimes sitting around with acoustic guitars makes my ears ring more than playing an electric gig.

So I made a meme. If all the good things have been written there will come a day when all the good memes are made. Till then ring in the old and out with the new or something like that.        

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger