Monday, August 22, 2022

A Dream...

 I woke up about 5:30am after a dream. 

In this dream I was standing in the nurse's station of a hospital where I used to work. I was there as a physical therapist assistant to treat the patients in deficits of strength, balance and mobility. Before beginning these tasks I needed to see the charts and check for new doctor orders, the diagnosis, any medical precautions, discharge planning and the physical therapy goals to continue any treatments other clinicians had begun. 

The nurse station was absolute chaos and I could not find a patient chart anywhere. I asked a nurse where they kept the charts and she seemed incredulous that I did not know. I told her, "well it has been 11 years since I worked here and I thought things might have changed." 

Before I worked in hospitals and then nursing homes and as a home health therapist I had a career working at a paper mill. It's been 18 years since I last did that kind of work and I occasionally have a dream where I'm wrapping rolls of paper. About six months ago I told an old co worker I still dreamed about the mill. He said, "you too?" 

So once I was good and awake and thinking about these dreams I wonder is this some kind of anxiety dream? Some kind of striving to improve or something not found or attained? These thoughts led me to examine Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs which I have not thought too much about since Psy 101 and all those boxes seem to be checked off  

Maybe there is a patient progress note floating around out there that I have not signed. Since I'm retired and technically not even a physical therapist assistant anymore because I let my license expire good luck getting me to do that. 






         

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous GEB said...

Hey- Will you do something? I'm getting bored.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

Ha!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger