Monday, October 17, 2022

A Sandwich is More Than a Hero...

 One time I won a cooking contest with a sandwich. Suzi Q put it on, the contest, not the sandwich at a party to celebrate the Texas Sesquicentennial. I don't have a recipe for exactly what I did and if I had one I probably would have lost it because I recall getting drunk as Davy Crockett that day. Maybe that was the secret to the success but lots of drunk guys can fry up a pile of white bass fillets, place them on couple of loaves of French bread adding sweet pickles, red onion, mayo and call it a sandwich but the judges sure liked it. If I had to duplicate that concoction today I would not get drunk and I'd use Wow Wee Sauce instead of mayo. The prize for the winner was a cook book of recipes by famous Texans and I do occasionally consult it.  

On a recent trip to Chicago we visited the Goodman Theater to see the play "Clyde's" It's about a kitchen crew at a truck stop creating the perfect sandwich. It's a play that had a Broadway run and watching it we find that "a hero is more than a sandwich."

You can watch the entire play here:  


Maybe sometime, if I haven't already I'll write about the time G.W. made Mexicali White Bass but that's a story that might require a prequal, a sequel and handsome leading men to play all the actors.  

     

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger